Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
For those who are looking for a biochemistry vacancy, a great opportunity is knocking the door. For the Ph.D. graduates of biochemistry, genetics and cellular and molecular biology, here is aa great chance to do postdoctoral research.
Description of the research project
The project leader is Dr. Hudson Freeze and the research project is to solve the Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation (CDG) along with the NGLY1 using the combined techniques of cell biology, biochemistry, and human genetics.
The researchers will have to identify the consequence of the disrupted N-glycan from the misfolded and defective glycoproteins translocated into the cytoplasm. Searching for substrates and different cleavage pathways and potential therapeutic compounds and analysis of the patient cells will the core subjects. Biochemical techniques that can be applied in the research project include gene manipulation, analysis of glycan, methods of fluorescence labeling and proteomic analysis.
The research project is under the collaboration with NIH, philanthropic organizations and other NGLY1 research laboratories to provide unique interactive opportunities to the researchers.
Candidates must have the following skills
- Recent Ph.D. or MD degree with a strong motivation and sufficient background knowledge about biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology, and genetics.
- Candidates must have publications in any of the following fields; glycobiology, biochemistry, cell biology, cytoplasmic protein degradation or endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation (ERAD)
- Candidates must have fluent verbal and written communication skills (fluent English)
- They must have an ability to start the research independently in a highly collaborative, interactive and scientific environment.
Details about the given biochemistry vacancy
- Location: Sanford-Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, San Diego, California, USA
- Position: Postdoctoral Associate in Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Date of vacancy posting: Aug-21, 2015
- Deadline: Oct-16, 2015
- Type: full time
If you meet the criteria mentioned above and ready for this post then you can apply by sending a single PDF document with the following details:
Current CV, single Letter of one page mentioning the background information, specific interest in the NGLY1 and your plan to work and three reference contact details.